Saturday, August 18, 2012

Garage sale to Baby gift!

For a long time now I have wanted to make the subway type canvases with birth information that I have seen on Pinterest. I needed 12 x 12 canvas but did not want to pay a big price. I scored these "lovely" pictures at a garage sale for a dollar each and knew they would be perfect!





I used my Creative Memories scrap book software to design my template. I added the baby information for some friends who recently had babies. I sent the pictures I created off to be printed. (I use Costco printing)   I painted the canvas white, painted Mod Podge on it and set the pictures on the top. After it was stuck the way I wanted, I painted the side of the canvas and a little on the top as a border with a matching color. When dry, I used  Mod Podge on the picture to give it a more matted effect. I love them and I am sure the recipients of the baby gifts will too!


Let me know if you need a baby gift and I will make one for you. Your choice of designs and colors. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment