Monday, August 11, 2014

It "Changed"!

Don't you love garage sales? I try to limit myself stopping at them because I will always find something that I want to drag home. I couldn't help myself when I stopped at a friends sale and saw this baby changing table:
She wanted $20. I offered her $10, but she said that she was having another sale the next weekend and if it doesn't sell I could have it. Well, you guessed it, she called and told me it was all mine! I knew right away it would make a perfect beverage/serving cart for down by my Tiki Bar.
First thing I did was cut the front sections on the top and bottom. I decided to leave the one in the middle:
I wanted to find some cute bright contact paper to cover the shelves, but did not see what I was looking for. I found this dry erase contact paper and decided it would do the trick:
I went to my stash of paint and found some blue, yellow and red. I mixed the yellow and red to make an orange and ended up buying a small can of light green for the leg pieces. I started painting the top blue. Several coats and it looked fine. When I went to paint the light green, I found I was having trouble covering the wood. So I decided to go ahead and prime the rest of the table:

I used yellow for the middle and the mixed color orange for the bottom. Here is my finished beverage cart. It will be perfect for our next pool party, don't you think?

So the next time you are at a garage sale, don't look at what an item is, but what it could be. Happy hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment