Monday, January 16, 2012

I am in love with Chalkboard Paint!






When I saw ideas on Pinterest about using chalkboard paint, I knew I had to get some. I am going crazy with a paintbrush, just ask my hubby. I had some old Christmas trays that I no longer used. They were metal so I decided that if I painted them with chalkboard paint they could serve as a message board with magnets.
Here is how they turned out. I gave each as gifts. The round tray was a gift for the girl who now cuts my hair and opened up her own salon in her new home.  The magnets on the round tray are ones that I made and will share on a later post. The other tray is for our neighbors boy 4th birthday. I gave him magnetic ABC's and a pack of chalk. I used the magnet letters and traced around them, then painted his name on the bottom of the tray with acrylic paint. I also made him a name plaque for his room that I will show on another day. Happy painting! Here is a link to a blog I follow: Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment