Monday, February 20, 2012

Paint Paint paint

I was so excited to have a three day weekend to be able to finish some projects that I had started. I painted my powder room a week ago and was able to put in the finishing touches. I also had my guest bath done a few years back but never quite pulled it together. This weekend I painted the cabinets in both bathrooms and added some other touches. I love the end result. Here is my powder room before:
I added the counter paint last year, but here is what I did this weekend:
I used Rustoleum Antique Black paint kit. I had bought it a few years back for my bedroom dressers and had a lot left. I used it for both cabinets, the mirror and the toilet paper holder. Unfortunately the pictures don't look as well as it does in person.The basket on the wall was a garage sale find and I added the D which was a paper mache' that I painted black. I got the word emblem from Kohls on sale and with a 30% off. I think I spent a total of maybe 30 dollars on the whole room. The tile sitting on the back of the counter is a sample. I am going to use that as a border as soon as I buy some. Here is my guest bathroom:
I had painted the walls a few years back and put in the shower curtain and the baby pics but that was it. I think the painted cabinet and the wall border pulled it together, I used a toilet paper roll to stencil the white circles (the idea from someone on Pinterest) then I just painted various circle in the green and gray. Pretty neat for zero money!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Canvas project the good the bad and the ugly!

I love all of the canvas projects I have been seeing on Pinterest. I wanted attempt to make one myself. There are several different ideas that I saw. I had a picture that I had taken of  my grandsons with their monkey hats that I wanted to make a canvas picture

I used my scrapbook software to jazz it up a bit and I decided to try the one I saw on this blog:
 It did not quite turn out as well as hers turned out as you can see by my picture. I realized after I started doing the rub, that I did not put enough mod podge on it (which by the way, I made myself!)

So I tried this idea that I found on this site:

                                                       I love the way it turned out!